Monday, February 23, 2015

Clumsy. Graceless. Ungainly. Uncoordinated.

Clusmy? .... Clumsy was kind of an understatement when it came to dealing with me. 

The day started out like any other. I woke up, went to school then went to work a six hour shift at Dunkin Donuts. My uniform always reeks of coffee, flavor shots and donuts even when I wash it three times in a row. The smell never seems to go away or even get off my skin after I work a shift. Whenever I come home I seem to have to scrub my body just for the scent to fade...it's disgusting really. But anyway, I won't continue to ramble on about the smell even though I guarantee most of you can smell the coffee in the air and think of beautiful you believe it is. 

When I walked into work all my co-workers screamed my name (it's what we always do to make people feel at home) and they continued to say hi. I walked out back and threw up my hair with my visor and went out front. The shifts changed and I was with my favorite people to work with. We always get busy  throughout the day and this was one of the busiest times we've had in a while. Since it was close to Christmas, everyone decided to buy their gift cards on the very last day and made sure to get their hot chocolates before venturing off into the snowy cold air.

It turned into five pm and I was soon going to be relieved to go on my break. When another rush came along, the line for the drive-thru was at the street and the line for the front counter was out the door. A man got six coffees and a bucket full of food. I decided I would bring him his tray of coffees... which I now regret doing. I walked out from behind the counter and see his standing by the sandwich station. When I am about to hand him over his tray of coffees I suddenly slip and fall to the ground. I watch as the coffees fly up into the air and onto his nice suit. I look up to see the main drenched in iced coffee. I stand up apologizing over and over again while he just stares at me. Other customers look around to see what all the noise was about. Suddenly all eyes were on me and I didn't know what to do. 

After I remade all the coffees the man told me why he was wearing what he was and what the real tragedy was about the incident. The fact that his suit was worth $300 and apparently  it was for a wedding that he needed to attend in less than twenty minutes. I will never forget that day and I always get reminded when I now get called cluts instead of Jill whenever I go to work a shift. 



No comments:

Post a Comment