Saturday, May 2, 2015

Three Poems

Epitaph:
As my breathless sleeping beauty lies
Underneath the cold wet ground
No pain, no sorrow, no tranquilizing fear
Nothing but the thought of you left
And the memory of you from yesterday
To continue on to tomorrow


As my breathless sleeping beauty lies,
Underneath the cold wet ground,
The sweet warm sun still shines,
As if my love, you were around.
(Break)
No pain, no sorrow, no tranquilizing fear,
I miss you so, but feel as if you are near,
My love for you will never fade,
I loved you yester, tomorrow,
and today.

Free Verse:
The rain washed away your pain
But not my sorrow
I need my wife back, Jane
I need a new heart to borrow
Why did she have to go
And leave me alone to conquer tomorrow
I don’t want my heart to sink low
Please, I just want to abolish this sorrow


The rain washed away the smell,
of your sweet warm apple pies.
I do miss the taste, but I don’t
miss cleaning your kitchen.
You left very quick,
a silent, unfair person God did pick.
I love you so much, more than
your apple pies, you’re the greatest,
greatest Grandma in my eyes.

Aubade:
It all started out with a simple gesture
A nice ”you're beautiful” was the hook and sinker
I knew it was wrong but I wanted to take a risk
After a year, what could I miss
In plain sight, a secret hid
As the old year ended, feelings mislead
Happy laughs and tangled hands
And like a twister things were destroyed
A new love ripped apart in a blink of an eye


It all started out with a simple gesture,
a “hey, hello” and my heart did fluster,
I knew it was wrong all along,
but I wanted to take a risk.
I wanted to be tangled in your world,
Your lips I still want to kiss.
I hate to say I miss you,
because I know you love it so,
So instead I’ll say, “See you later”
and I’ll just let you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment